To provide a challenging international education, from kindergarten to high school, in a progressive environment which focuses on the development of the whole child in preparation for national and global citizenship.
Our Core Values
Our Founding Principles
Horizon Academy has been founded on the following principles. We are committed to being:
- provide a happy, safe student-centered environment.
- have a strong, involved community of parents, teachers, and students interacting daily with each other.
- encourage and engender excellence in academics by meeting and going beyond national benchmarks.
- have a comprehensive Language Arts program with a built-in reading component which will introduce students to quality children's literature.
- build character and develop the spiritual dimension by teaching Character Education along with Religion and involving students in community outreach programs.
- support the use of technology in each classroom.
- implement a two-part Physical Education Program based on fitness and athletics.
- teach courses in Critical Thinking Skills.
- actively involve students in the school's decision to "Go Green" and in the school's organic garden.
- execute an elective program that will highlight and develop individual interests and talents.